The Mount Monger Operation (MMO) is an expansive tenement package located 50km south-east of Kalgoorlie. Spanning multiple Gold mineralisation styles, this dynamic operation currently includes the Daisy Milano Underground Mine, the Tank underground Mine and the Santa Open pit that is due to commence early 2024.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and personable Graduate Geologist to join the Mount Monger team. Initially based in the centralised core processing facility, you will have the opportunity to build a strong foundation in the industry through exposure to mineralisation that spans all Mount Monger’s operations, with hands-on practical experience, data collation, analysis and processing. You will learn industry best practice while understanding how to operate in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertake diamond core processing, including logging, mark-up and orientation, core cutting and sampling
- Assist with underground mapping and sampling
- Opportunity to be exposed to open pit mine Geology, including ore spotting and sampling
- Develop collaborative working relationships with other departments, contractors and colleagues alike
- Updating the database with geological and assay information
- Undertaking geological data validation
- Ensuring effective communication though reporting on daily and monthly basis
You are a collaborative and practical individual, who has fantastic interpersonal skills and shares our passion for excellence. You are an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated, and are looking to learn from the best. Your can-do attitude and attention to detail will ensure all grade control, exploration, sampling and data collection is carried out to the highest possible standard and level of accuracy.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- Current C-class WA drivers licence
- Ability to follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be in good physical health and able to work in an underground environment
- Be organised, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff of all levels;
- Vacation work experience within the Mining industry, ideally within Gold Mining, will be highly regarded.
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to learn multiple types of narrow-vein Gold geology, as part of an established team. This role is being offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth and will provide the support you need to excel in your role. Competitive entry-level salary will be offered to our preferred applicant. Please note you must have full work rights for Australia and be either currently based in WA or willing to relocate to be considered for this role.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and cover letter by following the APPLY prompts.
Please note - candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.