Vacation Survey Student - Deflector Mine
Working as part of the Deflector team and providing support to highly experienced Mine Surveying Professionals, you will have exposure to both the Underground Mining and Surface activities of the site. You will work closely with both the Survey and Technical Services team in this diverse and interesting role, giving you the opportunity to sound out where you would like to focus your career beyond graduation.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist in carrying out Underground survey work using Leica Total Station equipment;
- Assist in aerial survey work using the latest DJI M200 Drone and associated processing software, including Pix4D and Global Mapper;
- Provide assistance with processing daily surveys using Surpac software;
- Provide support in survey data management.
You are an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated individual with a passion for Surveying and a high attention to detail.
To be considered for these roles, you will;
- Have recently completed your 2nd or 3rd year of study towards a Bachelor of Mining and Engineering Surveying, or a Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Surveying;
- Have a current, manual "C" class Western Australian driver’s licence;
- Be able to obtain a National Police Clearance;
- Be physically able to undertake manual work, and meet the requirements of a pre-employment medical examination; and
- Return a clear drug and alcohol test, both at the pre-employment medical and at all times during your employment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a diverse, stimulating and challenging role on a FIFO from Perth basis. You will be part of a small, friendly team and make valuable industry contacts that will stay with you throughout your career.
- These roles will commence late November to early December 2021 until the end of February 2021;
- The roster cycle will vary to suit business needs but may be either 2:1 or 8:6. Please note that you may be expected to work over the Christmas or New Year period;
- Travel from Perth to site, accommodation, meals and uniform (including boots) will be provided;
- The vacation period of employment will be paid.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV, a brief covering letter and your most recent Academic transcript through the Silver Lake Careers page; careers.silverlakeresources.com.au no later than Monday 4th October 2021. Due to COVID travel restrictions, only applicants who currently reside in Western Australia will be considered for this role.