We are looking for dependable and committed Underground Electrician to join our Maintenance team working initially at our Mount Belches underground mine complex, located approximately 50 kms south-east of Kalgoorlie. You will be responsible for providing high quality and responsive maintenance in the Underground mine; carrying out scheduled works and responding to operational needs.
Key areas of responsibility for these roles include:
- Preventative and breakdown maintenance of Electrical reticulation, power and lighting for the Underground mine
- Installation of Electrical infrastructure in new mining areas
- Meeting daily with other maintenance personnel to meet agreed work priorities set by the Supervisors
- Ensuring all electrical work is performed in a safe, compliant and effective manner.
- Providing feedback in relation to plant and equipment
- Ensuring all preventative maintenance functions are performed
- Ensuring all allocated tasks are completed safely and on schedule
- Conforming to and implementing electrical and company standards
- Assisting in the development of Departmental strategy for achieving the agreed annual targets of the operation
You are an enthusiastic, motivated individual, who has the ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Your strong safety focus, coupled with your exceptional problem solving and fault finding ability, will see you become a valuable asset to the Maintenance team.
You can demonstrate you have:
- Current Western Australian Electrical Workers License Unrestricted
- Minimum 2 years mining industry experience in maintenance and installations in underground hard rock mining and surface infrastructure
- Qualifications and experience in HV switching is desireable
- A good knowledge of underground leaky feeder communication systems
- Maintaining and repairing 2200 Series remote bogging systems
- Fault finding electrical retic systems
- A safe, pro-active, preventative maintenance mentality
- Be a self-starter with a strong and consistent work ethic
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an evolving operation, working an 8:6, 7:7 roster FIFO from Perth. You will play a key part in the Maintenance team and contribute to the smooth operation of the Mine.
You must be either an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Australia, and be based in Western Australia to be considered for this role. If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore Agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.