We are looking for suitably qualified Kalgoorlie-based person to join our Mount Monger (MMO) OHS team for work at our Aldiss Open Pits. This role is important for improving the Open Pits risk profile and ensuring compliance and improvement of performance against the Safety Management Plan and Hazard Standard requirements and includes coordinating all aspects of OHS.
Among the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Implementing the MMO Safety Management Plan (SMP) & Emergency Management Plans (EMP) and related system requirements
- Ensuring compliance with the SLR Contractor Management System
- Conducting site audits and inspections
- Conducting or participating in risk assessments (including high risk tasks) of work activities and monitor compliance to these risk assessments
- Facilitating and leading the drafting and presentation of accident/incident investigations (ICAM & minor investigations) and reports as required
- Completing applicable statutory reports
- Providing monthly and weekly datasets for input in the OHS compliance reports for the OHS Superintendent
The successful applicant will suit the following criteria:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Formal qualifications in Occupational, Health & Safety (Cert IV Workplace Trainer Assessor / Cert II Med Services First Response, ICAM or similar Investigation Training)
- Comprehensive knowledge of OHS management systems, training systems and training administration
- Sound understanding of Western Australian Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations and relevant state and national OSH legislation
- Demonstrated high level of organisational skills and attention to detail
- High risk work licence including forklift, EWP, Confined Space and Working at Heights highly desirable
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter; the full role description will be discussed at interview. The successful candidate will be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to promote a productive culture as well as ensure the safe and smooth operation of the mine.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click "Apply Now" and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.