The Technical Services Superintendent will play a pivotal role in driving the direction, success and long-term planning of our high-margin and recently expanded Deflector Gold/Copper mine.
Reporting to the Underground Manager and filling the role of Alternate Underground Manager as required, you will engage and lead a team of Mining Engineers, ensuring the high quality of their technical output and their compliance with regulations. Offering a high level of autonomy and responsibility, this is an ideal role to develop your skills toward Underground manager in a fast-paced and thriving operation with capital to invest.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Direct the preparation of Life of Mine Designs and Schedules through to Short Term Designs and 13-week schedules;
- Oversee the development of safe, detailed underground development designs to support the mine schedule;
- Guide the preparation of safe, economic stope designs, integrating them into the mine plan;
- Assist in preparing detailed infrastructure plans to support the underground operation;
- Oversee the preparation of detailed monthly and quarterly schedules;
- Drive spatial compliance of the mine plan to meet monthly, quarterly and budget targets;
- Work collaboratively with Production Engineers to ensure continual optimisation of the mine plan;
- Develop and maintain cut-off grade strategy, including regular review of all inputs;
- Complete financial evaluations and optimisations on the mine plan to ensure the most economical mine plan is implemented;
- Lead the preparation of mine Budget forecasts and reports;
- Compile accurate stope and development reconciliation reports;
- Identify and communicate risks to the safe and efficient delivery of mine plans, including recommended mitigation strategies;
- Direct and lead members of the operational and technical mining teams, including the mining contractor;
- Work collaboratively with Mine Geology to design, schedule and manage grade control and ore definition requirements;
- Assist with annual Mineral Reserves reporting;
- Complete Feasibility and Due-Diligence evaluations on prospective mining areas;
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and legislation; and
- Provide support to the Underground Mine Manager and operation as needed.
Your exceptional communication and leadership skills will ensure Deflector Mining’s high-performing, social and inclusive team culture continues to flourish. Your exceptional ability to guide and mentor developing professionals will allow the team’s planning and production activities reach their full potential.
We are looking for qualifications and experience in:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related discipline;
- First Class WA Mine Manager’s certificate of competency;
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Mine Engineering role;
- Strong working knowledge of narrow vein underground gold mining, including geotechnical, blasting considerations and productivity issues;
- Significant mine planning experience up to and including LOM and feasibility studies;
- Experience in reserve estimation and report writing;
- Knowledge of mining technology and heavy production equipment;
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas;
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory or mentoring role with experience training, coaching and mentoring junior staff;
- Advanced skills in the use of mine design and mine scheduling software;
- Confidence, poise and composure when presenting to a group.
Pivotal role is open to professionals looking to take the next step in their career as well as experienced professionals. This role is offered on an 8:6, 4:3 roster to allow optimal coverage across both crews. This is an exciting time to join Deflector’s next phase of growth.
To Apply, please forward your resume and covering letter by following the prompts. Please note that only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this role. You must also be based in Western Australia or willing to relocate if successful for this role.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal directly with applicants so no submissions by third parties or recruitment agencies will be considered at this stage.