Silver Lake Resources is looking for an experienced Senior Underground OHS Advisor to join our Mount Monger OHS team. This role reports directly to the OHS Superintendent.
The role will be based at our Daisy Milano site, and is ideally suited to a Kalgoorlie resident on a 5/2 roster, however, we will consider FIFO from Perth on a 8/6:4/3 roster for the right candidate.
The main purpose of the role is to provide an OHS and training service to the Mount Monger Underground Operations. The position will coordinate the safety, training and critical risk programs for our underground mining operations and help continuously improve the safety management systems on site.
Areas of responsibility for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, review, audit and improve the MMO underground risk profile and compliance.
- Support and advise site managers on all safety and Critical Risk matters.
- Monitor the underground induction process.
- Ensure all incidents and hazards are reported and investigated in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner into the INX data system.
- Act as the Lead in all critical incident investigations.
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits.
- Provide input at Toolbox Meetings and Pre-start meetings and ensure records are kept.
- Compile and present reports as directed by the OHS Superintendent.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- At least 5 years’ underground experience and in a similar role.
- Diploma in OHS.
- Extensive knowledge of OHS legislation, policies, and practices.
- Certificate IV of Workplace Assessing and Training.
- Current WA "A" & "B" Class driver’s licence.
- Well-developed report writing and analytical skills.
- ICAM or Tap-Root Investigation Training.
- A high level of computer literacy skills.
- Lead Auditor Certification.
- Sound knowledge of INX Software
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies applications will not be considered at this stage