Rothsay Gold Mine is one of Australia’s newest underground gold mines located north-east of Perth and only one hour by plane. Rothsay recently commenced underground mining and is now in full production. This is the perfect time to join a high performing team at the start of a project.
We are looking for a driven and focused Senior Mine Planning Engineer to play an integral part in the development of this exciting asset. Working with a dedicated project team, your key responsibility will be to deliver detailed mine designs and schedules tailored to meet short, medium and long-term targets as set out by the Underground Manager. You will be mentored and developed with the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time, including annual budgeting and financial modelling. You will form a key part of the strategic management team and have plenty of opportunity to grow; two of the main benefits of a smaller mine environment.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Complete detailed development designs, ensuring that plans are designed and issued in accordance with the mine schedule
- Assist with feasibility and due-diligence evaluations on prospective mining areas
- Compile the Weekly Production Plan and 3 month rolling schedules
- Continually review, challenge and update the long-term plan and schedule to ensure accuracy and optimise economic performance
- Prepare and document safe and economic stope designs for assessment in mine plans/schedules
- Monitor development and stoping excavations in comparison to planned, geology and ground control management
- Work closely with Silver Lake technical team and the underground contractor to safely deliver the Mine plan
- Ensure any operational requirements or changes to production and ventilation which may affect other business has been effectively communicated
- Monitor mine services, including the planning of pumping stations, substations and related service infrastructure
- Ensure effective communication to the Production Engineers of safe and economic stope designs
- Assist with the production of Joint Ore Reserves Committee Ore Reserves Statement and mine Budget forecasts and reports
- Regularly report to UG Manager and internal stakeholders on project progress against targets, including data for EOM Reporting
- Liaise with all stakeholders to develop and deliver on the optimal mine plan
- Opportunity to provide statutory underground mine manager coverage where required using a first class mine managers ticket
You are a talented, highly motivated individual with a hard-working attitude and a creative approach to problem solving. You have demonstrated experience in delivering safe and economic mine plans to deadlines, and you thrive on a challenge.
As a minimum you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Previous experience in narrow vein underground gold mining
- Proficient use of MsOffice suite and relevant mining software, including Deswik Suite and VentSim
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations, and the recently implemented WA WHS Act and Regulations.
- Good understanding of mine ventilation systems and associated statutory requirements
- Understanding of geotechnical issues and operational infrastructure requirements in underground environments
- Current WA "C" Class Driver’s License
- Current ‘Apply First Aid’ Certificate
- Current First Class Mine Managers Ticket or nearing attainment of it
The role is offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster with an attractive industry-benchmarked salary.
It offers the opportunity to make your mark on a new operation, whilst having the stability of an established and financially secure company. Rothsay is focused on developing engineers for future roles and there will be the opportunity to take on further responsibility including coverage of senior positions as part of your career development.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your up to date resume and cover letter by following the APPLY link.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.