Silver Lake Resources is looking for a Mining Engineer to join the Maxwells Underground Operations at Mount Monger. The role provides leadership to the technical team and is responsible for mine planning activities in a manner that ensures the safety of personnel conducting the work while also achieving the physical targets set for the mine.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Management of day to day production activities
- Development of monthly, quarterly and budget schedules
- Mine planning and design
- Manage project work and contractors
- Undertaking inspections of the underground workings
- Weekly and monthly production reporting
- Provide visible safety leadership and drive productivity improvement initiatives
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Formal qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent tertiary degree.
- Suitable experience in an underground mining environment.
- Exposure to UG Narrow Vein Mining.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with different stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and use initiative.
- Mine planning experience and contract management experience highly regarded.
- First Class Mine Managers Ticket (or ability to obtain within 3-6 months of commencement)
- Competence in Datamine suite of applications is also desirable.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
About Maxwells Underground Operations
Maxwells Underground Operations are located 80 kilometres south east of Kalgoorlie in the Goldfields region. It is comprised of two underground mines, Maxwells and Cock-Eyed Bob, with planning in place for additional underground mines in the near future. Employees stay in ensuite rooms at the Randalls village and enjoy a fully equipped gym and cable television.
The position enjoys an 8:6 roster and can be FIFO from Perth or residential DIDO based in Kalgoorlie. You must be either an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.