Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for planning of shutdown activities, upkeep of statutory classified plant requirements & small to medium projects. Working as part of a busy and established Fixed Plant Maintenance team, you will ensure your work delivers safe & efficient direction for execution and develop plans to ensure plant equipment is maintained at a high level of availability at all times, while contributing to a collaborative and cohesive work environment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and planning a forward shutdown schedule for the maintenance of gold processing equipment including crushers, conveyors, screens, ball mills, lubrication systems, Knelson & Acacia plants, screens and pumps;
- Liaising with shutdown contractors to ensure correct labour levels required for all activities are procured;
- Monitoring Classified plant maintenance schedules and liaise with contractors to carry out inspections and repairs as required;
- Maintenance of the equipment data base;
- Assisting the Maintenance Superintendent in generating annual budgets with regard to shutdown activities and Classified plant requirements;
- Developing collaborative and supportive working relationships with other Maintenance and Processing team members, as well as other departments and contractors to ensure labour, parts and plant availability for planned work;
- Mentoring the Junior planner in shutdown scheduling and Classified Plant;
- Weekly scheduling;
You are a skilled professional who will be able to anticipate needs and react quickly to ensure all plant equipment is maintained & functional. You can manage multiple demands on your time in a calm and considered manner, and possess the ability to work autonomously or in a team when required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Mechanical Trade qualifications, with at least 5 years’ post trade experience
- Demonstrable planning experience of fixed plant assets of at least 3 years
- Ability and knowledge of maintenance and planning processes
- High skill level with MS Project & Excel
- Experience using PRONTO or similar systems
- A proactive view to shutdown maintenance
- Ability to interrogate reliability reports and enter WOs for rectification work
- Safety focused with ability to conduct risk assessments
- Capable of working autonomously
- Previous gold mine site, fixed plant and heavy industrial experience
- Current CN ticket, Rigging, Confined Space and WAH tickets viewed favourably
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude and eagerness to take on challenging projects
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and to provide current police clearance
Randall’s Gold Processing Facility is located 70km South-East of Kalgoorlie and this role is open to both FIFO from Perth or (DIDO) Kalgoorlie residential role on an 8/6 roster. FIFO role will be housed on site at the Randalls camp.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click "Apply Now" and follow the prompts. Applications will be accepted up to COB 15/3/2020. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country will be considered.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.