Working closely with the Chief Information Officer, this Perth-based position will be responsible for Systems Maintenance and IT Project Delivery, to ensure our growing business stays on the forefront of IT systems delivery and innovation. Travelling to our mine sites on a regular basis, you will provide mentoring and assistance to our site-based ICT Support officers and serve as an escalation point for complex support cases. This role will play an active part in ensuring projects are identified, assessed, justified and implemented effectively, within budget and to specified timeframes.
Key responsibilities of your role will include:
- Assessing leading edge technology for its practical application and suitability and making recommendations;
- Building, supporting and managing the Windows, Hyper V & VMware infrastructure;
- Monitoring, managing and resolving customer tickets;
- Maintain regular housekeeping procedures, including documentation, data backups, network optimisation and storage optimisation;
- Identifying and implementing improvement initiatives that enhance the quality and efficiency of systems and services;
- Architecting, implementing and documenting projects for new ICT systems;
- Operational support of customer infrastructure; entailing incident resolution, change management, and upgrades/improvements, ensuring minimal downtime of systems to limit interruption to staff productivity.
You are a driven and motivated IT professional who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment. Your critical thinking and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines will see you excel in this role.
You will have:
- At least 3 years of senior level hands-on experience in the following core technologies:
- Hyper-V and VMware virtualization
- Windows Server Platforms
- Windows Infrastructure AD / DNS / DHCP / Group Policy
- PowerShell / Exchange Scripting
- Backup Systems Veeam
- You will also be able to demonstrate knowledge of several of the following:
- Nutanix Converged Infrastructure
- Cisco Meraki & Meraki EMM
- Exchange on-prem & Office 365
- Networking and firewalls (UTM / VPN),
- Microsoft Skype for Business and Telephony Gateway administration
- SQL Server (desirable, but not essential)
- Cyber Security fundamentals
- Customer-centric approach;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Have the ability to work and perform under pressure in time-critical scenarios.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a growing organisation in delivering the implementation of cutting-edge technology in a small team environment. The role will be based in our South Perth head office with regular visits to our operational mines sites and will be a standard Monday to Friday work week.
To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and cover letter by following the APPLY prompts by no later than Friday 1st July.
Please note â candidates will not be considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies