ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂWe currently have an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join our Exploration team based at our Mount Monger Operations (MMO) in Kalgoorlie. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the geological definition and evaluation of a specific property or project through supervision of drilling programs, supervision of geophysical and geochemical surveys, compilation and analysis of data, and the preparation of technical reports.
Reporting to the District Geologist, responsibilities include:
- Supervision and sampling of RAB/AC/RC and Diamond drilling programs.
- Collection, management, and interpretation of geoscientific data and use the data to meet required project outputs.
- Be responsible for the development of robust mineralisation models that accurately define deposit scale geological occurrences using Leapfrog modelling software.
- Complete high quality technical reports.
- Critically review and continuously improve target generation models and techniques.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard of safety in accordance with company policies and workplace safety and environmental regulations.
- Contribute to ensuring that the exploration function meets all relevant internal and external compliance obligations.
- Maintain good relations with the communities within which we work.
- Foster positive relationships with contractors and exploration team members.
- Supervision of field personnel and contractors as required.
What you will need for this role:
Bachelor of Science in Geology or equivalent.
- A proven record of exploration work in both Greenfield and Brownfield exploration, with at least 8 years’ experience, the majority of which is in gold.
- Demonstrated experience creating 3D geological models using Leapfrog for use in resource estimation.
- Established experience logging Aircore, RC and Diamond drilling.
- Sound geoscientific knowledge and understanding of structural controls on gold mineralisation at regional to local scale.
- Experience in exploration geochemistry.
- Sound knowledge of safety requirements relevant to exploration.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- A positive and constructive attitude and the ability to work within a team.
A broad range of experience will be considered but the successful applicant will ideally have experience in Western Australian gold exploration and/or mining.
Successful candidates require a Manual C Class license, be computer literate and be able to pass a pre-employment Police Clearance, Medical and D&A screen.
A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience will be offered. The successful candidate will be site-based commuting from Perth or Kalgoorlie on a 8 day on/6 day off roster. Applicants must be based in Western Australia or willing to relocate.
Please address each of the above criteria in a cover letter summarising your fit to the key requirements of the role.
Note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Please address each of the above criteria in a cover letter summarising your fit to the key requirements of the role.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.