Take a whole company view on identifying and analysing Exploration opportunities in this key leadership role within the Silver Lake Exploration team. With significant investment committed to exploration activities, you will be tasked with identifying mineral system wide targets across our Mount Monger, Deflector and Rothsay tenements, and progressing them into viable project opportunities. Reporting to the District Geologist, you will provide mentoring to the Graduate and Project Geologists, and direction and guidance to the Field Assistants. Working across widely varying lithology and mineralisation styles, in multiple geographic locations, this role will draw on and develop broad technical skills in addition to people management capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop robust district and deposit scale geological and mineralisation models using Leapfrog modelling software
- Critically review and continuously improve target generation models and techniques
- Guide and mentor Geologists to develop their skills
- Supervision and sampling of RAB/AC/RC and Diamond drilling programs
- Collection, management, and interpretation of geoscientific data
- Complete high quality technical reports
- Participate in the evaluation and identification of potential for economic mineralisation within third party projects for acquisition opportunities
- Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard of safety in accordance with company policies and workplace safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure that the exploration function meets all relevant internal and external compliance obligations
- Maintain good relations with the communities within which we work
- Foster positive relationships with contractors and exploration team members
You are a passionate and driven Exploration Geologist who likes to be challenged and stimulated with variety in their work. You enjoy passing on your knowledge and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
What you will need for this role:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or equivalent.
- A proven record of exploration work in both Greenfield and Brownfield exploration
- High level of experience in Gold exploration, ideally within Western Australia
- Demonstrated experience creating 3D geological models using Leapfrog for use in resource estimation.
- Established experience logging Aircore, RC and Diamond drilling.
- Sound geoscientific knowledge and understanding of structural controls on gold mineralisation at regional to local scale.
- Experience in exploration geochemistry.
- Sound knowledge of safety requirements relevant to exploration.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- A positive and constructive attitude and the ability to thrive in a close-knit team environment.
This exciting role is offered on an 8:6 roster and will work across a number of sites on a FIFO basis from Perth, with camp accommodation provided at all sites.
A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience will be offered in addition to the unique opportunity this position presents. You must be based in Western Australia or willing to relocate, and must hold full work rights in this country to be considered for this role.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
It is Silver Lake's preference to deal with candidates directly at this stage, so applications from third parties or recruitment agencies will not be accepted at this time.