As the Senior Environment Advisor at the Deflector Mine, you will lead site environmental compliance by finding practical solutions that meet both regulatory requirements, company policy and site needs. Reporting to the General Manager, with support from the Perth environment team, you will take overall responsibility for delivering Environment Policy on site by providing technical advice, support, training, and by monitoring and reporting on compliance.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure all inspections and monitoring programs are carried out proactively and to meet obligations
- Preparation of weekly and monthly environment report
- Mentor and guide the Environment Advisor to excel in their role
- Develop and facilitate environmental awareness and training activities throughout the mine site
- Compile the Environmental Management Plans and Procedures
- Prepare Annual Environmental Reports (AER) for all environmental obligations and conditions
- Preparation of the environmental budget
- Ensure surface disturbance is managed effectively
- Assisting with the development of statutory reporting and approvals
- Collecting, maintaining and collating environmental data for relevant site databases
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities for the operations
- Investigating and reviewing environmental incidents, hazards and improvement opportunities.
You are a passionate and driven Environment professional with extensive mining industry experience, and a practical approach to achieving outcomes. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills allow you to engage and influence people at all levels and backgrounds, forming a key part of our successful Deflector team.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary degree in an environmental discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, within the resources industry
- Strong understanding of environmental, heritage and conservation legislative requirements, previous regulatory approvals experience will be highly regarded
- Incident management and investigation and reporting (ICAM, 5 Whys etc)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Previous mentoring or people management experience would be an advantage
- Understanding of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Current "C" Class WA Drivers license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- GIS experience will be essential
- Environmental Database management experience
- Excellent communications skills
- NPI/NGERS data collection is desirable
- Previous exposure to INX Databases (InViron, InControl) and Incident management and investigation participation and reporting will be highly regarded
This influential site-based role is offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster and provides the opportunity to drive site Environmental direction for our successful and growing Deflector Gold/Copper mine. As a key part of this social and inclusive work environment, you will form part of the site management team with input into Policy and procedure.
A competitive industry-benchmarked salary will be discussed with the successful candidate in line with skills and experience. You must hold full Australian work rights and be based in WA or willing to relocate to be considered for this role. If this sounds like the career step you are looking for, please follow the APPLY prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with applicants directly, so no submissions will be considered through recruitment agencies at this stage.