An exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated Project Geologist to join our Mount Monger Geology team approx. 60 kilometres SE of Kalgoorlie. The position is at our Mount Belches site.
Key Responsibilities of the role include the following:
Ensure ore is extracted to maximise recovery and minimise ore loss and dilution
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of production data and the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Design and monitor grade control and extension drilling programmes to accurately delineate the orebody ahead of mining
- Monitor actual development and stoping excavations in comparison to planned, including the grade, lithology and overbreak.
- Ensure all plans and sections are updated with production, survey and drilling data
- Work closely with Silver Lake technical team and the underground contractor to effectively communicate geological, geotechnical and grade information
- Assist with the interpretation of the grade control data to produce wireframe models
- Assist in the production of grade control block models
- Provide mentoring and leadership to Production Geologists providing clear timeframes and expectations on set tasks
- Identify specific areas that have the potential for improvement and cost savings
- Assume the role of the Senior Mine Geologist in their absence
This role is an integral part of the Geology team and it is therefore essential that the incumbent can demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Geology (BSc. Geology or Applied Geology)
- Minimum 3+ years post-graduate experience within the resources industry
- A sound understanding of underground grade control processes, including diamond drilling
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Experience in underground mining production environment is essential
- Experience in Narrow vein gold deposits is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Datamine and Leapfrog, Data Entry and Datashed software
- Current WA "C" Class Driver’s License
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter. The successful candidate will be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to promote a business outcome focused culture as well as ensure the safe and smooth operation of the plant. This is a FIFO role with a 8/6 roster.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com