Rothsay Gold Mine is one of Australia’s newest underground gold mines located north-east of Perth and only one hour by plane. Rothsay recently established a boxcut, commenced underground mining and is in full production. This is the perfect time to join a high performing team at the start of a project.
We are looking for a driven and focused Production Engineer to play an integral part in the development of this exciting new asset. Your key responsibility will be to develop optimised stope notes, drill and blast designs, short term schedules, and take ownership of mine ventilation management. You will be mentored and developed with the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time, including exposure to mine planning. You will have an influential and autonomous role, with plenty of opportunity to grow; two of the main benefits of a smaller mine environment.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of Drill and Blast designs: oversee the process, monitor the outcomes and provide actions to improve;
- Develop, maintain and update the short and medium term plans and schedules;
- Provide support to ensure compliance with legislative and statutory requirements, as well as company environmental and safety standards;
- Take on the statutory responsibility of Ventilation Officer, ensuring compliance to mine ventilation requirements;
- Work closely with the Underground Contractor to implement the mine plan;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of weekly, monthly and quarterly mine plans;
- Complete mine projects as required;
- Provide technical support to the operation as needed; and
- Ensure compliance to plan through regular inspections and auditing of contractor activities.
You are a talented, highly motivated individual with a hard-working attitude and a creative approach to problem solving. You have demonstrated experience in delivering safe and economic mine plans to deadlines, and you thrive on a challenge.
You can also demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Previous experience in underground mining
- Proficient use of MS Office suite and relevant mining software, including Deswik Suite
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Good understanding of mine ventilation systems and associated statutory requirements
- Understanding of geotechnical issues and operational infrastructure requirements in underground environments
- Current WA "C" Class Driver’s License
- Current ‘Apply First Aid’ Certificate
The role is offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster back-to-back with another Production Engineer, with an attractive industry-benchmarked salary.
It offers the opportunity to make your mark on a new operation, whilst having the stability of an established and financially secure company. Rothsay is focused on developing engineers for future roles and there will be the opportunity to take on further responsibility including coverage of senior positions as part of your career development.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your up to date resume and cover letter by following the APPLY link.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.