This is an exciting opportunity for an honest and hardworking person to take ownership of the Run of Mine (ROM) pad, the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) and site haul/access roads and maintain them to a high standard. As a cooperative and dependable individual, you will be operating a wide range of mobile plant and become a trusted and loyal part of our supportive Deflector team.
You will be responsible for:
- Safe and efficient operation of mobile plant (Loaders, graders, moxi, excavator, bobcat, dozer, water cart as required)
- Timely management of oversize ore, rock breaking, marking up and relocation of waste
- Management of the ROM, including
- ROM floor repairs and maintaining correct RL,
- mine steel collection and relocation,
- oversize rock management (sorting/rockbreaking, waste relocation)
- Operation of the TSF distribution pipework, including polywelding as needed
- Site road maintenance, including management of dust suppression
- Scat sorting, benching and relocation
- Mobile equipment training and VOC of operational staff
- Project works
- Role modelling safe work practices
We are looking for a responsible and trustworthy person with the ability to work both independently and as a considerate team member. You are a hard-working and self-motivated person with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong commitment to safety. You have effective communication skills and will be flexible to take on tasks outside your direct area of responsibility.
We are looking for people with:
- A Current C Class manual driver's license
- The right to work in Australia
- Current high-risk Forklift, Working at Heights and Confined space entry licences (essential)
- Current national accredited tickets in IT (integrated tool handler), Grader, Excavator, and front wheel loader (FEL) are essential
- A proven employment history as a considerate and dependable team member
- Provide First Aid Certificate (previously Senior First Aid) would be highly regarded
- A proven commitment to safety and Fitness for Work;
- Be able to provide a current National Police Clearance that meets company requirements
- The ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels across the organisation
What’s on offer?
You will have the opportunity to be part of a small and committed team, working an 8:6 roster either FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas. You will be a key part of the Deflector Processing team during an exciting phase of our expansion.
We promote a culture of mutual respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs are underpinned by our commitment to diversity and equality and, as such, we welcome applications from women and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please follow the APPLY NOW prompts and attach an up to date resume and cover letter by no later than Friday 17th June 2022.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.