The Randalls Gold Processing Facility (RGPF) is based at SLR’s Mount Monger Operations (MMO), 70km South-East of Kalgoorlie. It comprises 3-stage crushing, ball mills, gravity separation, CIP circuit, ancillary plant and infrastructure and treats gold ore from SLR’s multiple mines at MMO.
You will be responsible for provision of metallurgical oversight of the day-to-day ore processing operations at RGPF to ensure optimum gold recovery and safe, efficient operation of the process plant. Your role will involve a mix of hands-on and office-based work where you will find both practical and innovative solutions.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working with the operations team to maintain optimal plant metallurgical performance
- Provision of technical assistance and calibration of equipment
- Oversight of sampling and external laboratory sample analysis
- Accurate metallurgical accounting and reporting
- Metallurgical data management and analysis
- Planning, execution and reporting of metallurgical test work and projects
- Demonstrating safety leadership and accountability in the Plant
You are a talented, highly motivated person who can build and maintain professional relationships with other people. You have a passion for metallurgy and strive for continuous improvement and best practice in everything you do.
You can demonstrate the following qualifications experience and skills;
- A degree in Extractive Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Previous experience as a Graduate Metallurgist or Plant Metallurgist
- A sound understanding of gold CIP plant unit processes including crushing, grinding, gravity separation, leaching, carbon in pulp, elution and gold room operations
- A sound understanding of metallurgical and analytical laboratory processes
- A high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Excel
- The use and programming of SCADA systems
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- An understanding of the principles of metallurgical accounting
- A WA "C" class driver's license; and
- Awareness of the Work Health and Safety Act (2020) and Work Health and Safety (Mines) Regulations 2022
This exciting opportunity to impact gold production at an established and successful operation is offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth or as a residential Kalgoorlie based position.
To apply, please submit your resume and brief covering letter by following the APPLY prompts. You must hold full work rights for Australia and be either based in Western Australia or willing to relocate to be considered for this role.
Please note - candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies at this stage.