The Deflector Processing Plant produces both Gold bullion and Copper concentrate through gravity separation and floatation methods currently, with a major plant expansion underway to include a CIP circuit. This expansion will both improve recoveries and enable processing of new ore sources, such as our newly established Rothsay mine. Commissioning of this new plant will commence in the coming months and presents a unique opportunity to test and refine the metallurgical process of a new plant, with in an established and high-performing environment.
Reporting to the Metallurgy Superintendent, you will be responsible for ensuring ore recovery is maximised at all stages of Processing, through monitoring of equipment and analysis of samples. You will champion safe, efficient and cost-effective ore production, guiding Process Operators to achieve optimal production and exceed targets.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Collaborate with the operations team to optimise equipment performance
- Ensure budgeted outputs are met or exceeded
- Effective metallurgical data management and analysis
- Contribute evidence-based direction on changes to operating strategies.
- Take ownership of Metallurgical accounting and reporting.
- Oversee performance and maintenance of the on-stream analytical (OSA) equipment.
- Plan, undertake and report on Metallurgical sampling, testwork and projects.
- Demonstrate safety leadership and accountability in the Plant.
- Engage with Process operators to improve their knowledge of the circuit.
- Assist in the commissioning and subsequent optimisation of the CIP circuit expansion
You are a talented, highly motivated individual with a hard-working attitude who can build and maintain professional relationships with employees, contractors and regulatory bodies. You have a passion for Metallurgy and strive for continuous improvement and best practice in everything you do.
You can demonstrate the following qualifications, experience and characteristics;
- Formal qualification in Metallurgy or related science
- Proven experience in a Plant Metallurgist position
- Experience with OSA equipment would be preferred
- Fixed gauge and x-ray radiation licenses will be highly regarded
- Strong understanding of laboratory processes
- Solid understanding of gold plant processing including crushing, grinding, flotation, gravity separation/cyanide leaching and dewatering (thickening and filtration)
- High level of ability in Microsoft products and use of SCADA systems
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Metallurgical accounting
- WA "C" class driver's license; and
- Familiarity with the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
This exciting opportunity is offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth and will allow you to become an integral part of our growth and success. You will work with an exceptional group of operators and Metallurgists in the Processing team and be mentored to develop your skills during an exciting growth phase.
To apply, please submit your resume and brief covering letter by following the APPLY prompts by no later than Monday 19th April. You must hold full work rights for Australia and be either based in Western Australia or willing to relocate to be considered for this role.
Please note - candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies at this stage.