Silver Lake Resources has a vacancy for a Plant Metallurgist to join our Randalls Gold Processing Facility based in Kalgoorlie. The role is suited to someone who enjoys a hands-on experience. Strong communication skills and great attention to detail will be vital in this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Regularly reviewing plant performance against planned targets and investigate and report on variations.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly metallurgical reporting.
- Ensuring the plant is operated in accordance with target parameters and control points
- Assisting with the completion of weekly processing schedules to disseminate metallurgical targets to production team.
- Providing technical assistance to the team that links processing with maintenance strategies.
- Assisting with the maintenance planning and scheduling function for the plant and particularly the gold recovery areas.
- Conducting general maintenance checks and adjustments to instrumentation and technical equipment.
- Reviewing and monitoring all safety, production and financial performance indicators and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Document control of the process as set by the team’s standards and procedures.
- Project work to optimise cost and efficiency of the process.
A full description of the role will be discussed at interview. Ideally the successful applicant will be able to meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in gold processing operation
- Excellent knowledge of gold processing and gravity recovery
- Exposure to metallurgical testing and laboratory procedures
- Knowledge of statutory requirements in the OHS&E legislation’s
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Effective communication both written and verbal
- Computer literacy with enhanced skills using spreadsheets and databases
- Good diagnostic ability
- Planning and scheduling skills
Candidates may apply on a FIFO basis from Perth however; preference for this role is to reside locally working an 8:6 roster and a relocation package to Kalgoorlie will be offered.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
You must be an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies applications will not be considered at this stage.