The Randalls Gold Processing Facility is a 1.3Mtpa process plant based at Silver Lake’s Mount Monger Operations, 65km South-East of Kalgoorlie. Randalls employs a team of approximately 50 Operators, Maintenance personnel and Support services who all contribute to smooth, safe & productive plant operation. Processing ore from all of Silver Lake’s Mount Monger mines, the Randall’s Gold Processing Facility is central to operations, and is a stable and consistently performing asset
The OHS Advisor plays a key part in Randalls Processing team, providing guidance on safe work practices and emergency procedures, conducting risk assessments, audits and investigations, and providing medic services for the site. Supported by the OHS team for the Mount Monger Operations, this autonomous role will see you take ownership of delivering the Mount Monger safety management plan and emergency procedures at Randalls.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Support the site team in implementation of OHS policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate incident investigations and remedial actions
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits
- Undertake risk assessments of work tasks and site conditions, including high risk tasks and shutdown activities
- Conduct inductions for all employees, visitors and contractors to site, including drug and alcohol screening
- Provide first response medical assistance as required
- Conduct OHS training to improve awareness and adherence to procedures
- Assist with ERT training and co-ordination, including presenting training courses where required
- Compile reports on safety statistics and OHS compliance, including statutory reports for DMIRS
As a credible and committed team player, you can engage people from a wide range of backgrounds, motivating them to achieve optimum safety targets. You are solutions-focused, always willing to help others and have a genuine passion for mine site safety.
You have the following qualifications and experience:
- Formal qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety
- Cert IV in Training and Assessing
- ICAM Investigation training or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in a Mining Processing environment
- Excellent understanding of OHS management systems, as well as training systems and administration
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Sound understanding of Western Australian Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations and relevant state and national OSH legislation
- High risk work licence including forklift, EWP, Confined Space and Working at Heights highly desirable
- Applied First Aid or greater, or willing to obtain.
- Excellent Computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in INX software (IN-Control, In-Tuition and In-Flight) would be advantageous.
This role is offered on a DIDO residential basis for residents of Kalgoorlie or surrounding areas on either a 5:2 or 4:3 roster pattern. An 8/6 -4/3 FIFO roster may also be considered for an exceptional applicant. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, stable and financially secure company within a small and welcoming team environment.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia, and people either based in WA or willing to relocate here will be considered for this role. If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please follow the APPLY prompts and attach an up-to-date resume and cover letter.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.