We are looking for a driven Mine Planning Engineer to play an integral role in the expansion our Deflector operations. Working with a supportive and dedicated team, your key responsibility will be delivering detailed mine designs and schedules tailored to meet short, medium and long-term targets to capitalise on the development of access to the high-grade South-West lodes. You will be mentored and developed with the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time, including annual budgeting and financial modelling. You will form a key part of Technical Services team, with the opportunity to take on project work and champion improvement initiatives you feel will make a difference.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Complete detailed development designs
- Ensure plans are designed and issued in accordance with the mine schedule
- Compile the Weekly Production Plan and 3-month rolling schedules
- Continually review, challenge and update the mine plan and schedule to ensure accuracy and optimise economic performance
- Prepare safe and economical stope designs for assessment in mine plans/schedules
- Monitor development and stoping excavations in comparison to planned, geology and ground control management
- Work closely with Silver Lake technical team and the underground contractor to safely deliver the Mine plan
- Effectively communicate any operational requirements or changes which may affect other business
- Monitor mine services, including the planning of pumping stations, substations and related service infrastructure
- Regularly report to UG Manager and internal stakeholders on project progress against targets, including data for EOM Reporting
- Liaise with all stakeholders to develop and deliver on the optimal mine plan
You are a talented, highly motivated individual with a hard-working attitude and a creative approach to problem solving. You have demonstrated experience in delivering safe and economic mine plans to deadlines, and you thrive on a challenge.
As a minimum you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Previous experience in underground metalliferous mining
- Proficient use of MsOffice suite and relevant mining software, including Deswik Suite and VentSim
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Good understanding of mine ventilation systems and associated statutory requirements
- Understanding of geotechnical issues and operational infrastructure requirements in underground environments
- Current WA "C" Class Driver’s License
- Highly motivated production engineers are also encouraged to apply for the role, training can be provided by highly skilled Senior Engineers on site for successful candidate
The role is offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster back-to-back with another Planning Engineer, with an attractive industry-benchmarked salary. It offers the opportunity to make your mark on growing operation, whilst having the stability of an established and financially secure company.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role. To apply, please submit your up to date resume and cover letter by following the APPLY link.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.