The Mount Belches Mining area is comprised of two shallow, narrow vein, underground Gold mines. The ore is contained in a series of structurally controlled, high-grade lodes, with the Gold hosted in a highly faulted SIF. Ore drives are mined under Geology control and the complexity of the mineralisation presents an exciting challenge for a Mine Geologist to contribute to the success of this small team.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a driven and practical Mine Geologist to join the team at Mount Belches, taking responsibility for the grade control function of the deposit. Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, you will ensure ore development is mined to optimise stope extraction and manage core logging and sampling of Grade Control drill programs. The role will also provide assistance in both the planning and implementation of drill programs, reconciliations and modelling of the deposit.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Day to day grade control operations
- Mapping and sampling
- Design and monitoring of grade control drilling programs
- Assisting in the production of grade control block models
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly grade control reports on mine geology, grade drivers and ore reconciliation
- Communicate geological and grade data to mining, management and contractor personnel to achieve production targets
- Ensuring that planning maximises recovery and minimises ore loss and dilution.
- Foster close working relationships with technical staff and contractor personnel.
As a passionate and results-driven professional, you will bring your technical expertise and analytical approach to this dynamic and challenging role. You have a positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds to achieve project targets.
In addition to this you have:
- Post-graduate experience in an underground mining environment
- A sound understanding of underground grade control processes, including diamond drilling
- Exposure with 3D modelling would be preferred
- A methodical approach to data management and validation processes
- Gold experience highly regarded.
- Strong Datamine skills and experience with Datashed, Leapfrog and Excel would be highly advantageous
- Hold a current C Class driver's license and Senior First Aid Certificate.
This exciting role is offered on an 8:6 FIFO basis from Perth and offers the opportunity to be part of a small team where you will take ownership and responsibility for the overall success of the operation. You will have the autonomy to make your mark on a mine, whilst having the stability of an established and financially secure company.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter by following the "Apply" prompts. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in Australia will be considered at this time.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.