Silver Lake Resources is looking for a suitably experienced professional to join the on-site Geology team at its Mount Monger Operations. We currently have a vacancy for an Underground Mine Geologist at our Maxwells mine. This is an exciting opportunity and details are as follows:
Ensure all geological tasks are completed safely and in accordance with company procedures and mine regulations.
- UG mapping, sampling, diamond core logging and geological data capture.
- Regular communication with the underground mining team to optimise UG ore production
- Daily and weekly production tracking and reporting and assisting with EOM reconciliation.
- Assisting with developing and maintaining geological models through geological mapping
- Assist the Senior Mine Geologist where required
- Upholding geological standards and being active with continuous improvement of geological processes
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Formal qualifications in Geology
- 1-2 years minimum in an underground mine geology role
- Being a team player with good communication skills for regular consultation with the UG mining team
- Have a working knowledge of structural geology, gold mineralisation and WA gold deposits
- Computer literate with expertise in the MS Office suite.
- Familiarity with Datamine, Datashed, Supervisor and Leapfrog would be advantageous
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter; full role descriptions will be discussed at interview.
The role reports to the Senior Mining Geologist and is integral to MMO’s ongoing success. Candidates will need to be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to achieve positive outcomes for the Geology team. The role on the MMO lease southeast of Kalgoorlie and will work a 8:6 FIFO Roster.
If these roles sound like the challenge you are looking for then please click "Apply Now" and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.