Silver Lake Resources is looking for a suitably experienced professional to join the on-site Geology team at its Mount Monger Operations. We currently have a vacancy for an Underground Mine Geologist at our Daisy Milano mine. This is an exciting opportunity and details are as follows:
- Ensure all geological tasks are completed safely and in accordance with company procedures and mine regulations.
- UG mapping, sampling, diamond core logging and geological data capture.
- Daily communication with the underground mining team to optimise UG ore production.
- Daily and weekly production tracking and reporting and assisting with EOM reconciliation.
- Contribute to the design and management of drill programs.
- Assisting with developing and maintaining geological models through geological mapping and wireframing.
- Contribute to database management through data entry and validation.
- Assist the Senior Mine Geologist where required.
- Upholding geological standards and being active with continuous improvement of geological processes.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) with geology major.
- 2+ years experience in an underground mine geology role.
- Being a team player with good communication skills for regular consultation with the UG mining team.
- Have a working knowledge of structural geology, gold mineralisation and WA gold deposits.
- Computer literate with expertise in the MS Office suite.
- Familiarity with Datamine, Datashed, Supervisor and Leapfrog would be advantageous.
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter; full role descriptions will be discussed at interview.
The role reports to the Senior Mining Geologist and is integral to MMO’s ongoing success. Candidates will need to be willing to devote the required time, attention, and skill reasonably necessary to achieve positive outcomes for the Geology team. The role is based at the MMO lease 50km southeast of Kalgoorlie on an 8:6 Roster with FIFO or residential options.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click "Apply Now" and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.