Rothsay Gold Mine is one of Australia’s newest underground gold mines located north-east of Perth and only one hour by plane. Rothsay recently established a boxcut, commenced underground mining and is scheduled to start production shortly. This is the perfect time to join a high performing team at the start of a project.
The key responsibility of the Graduate Mine Surveyor is to obtain accurate and timely survey data to ensure mining and reconciliation activities continue smoothly. Supporting and learning from highly experienced Mine Surveying professionals, you will have exposure to both the Underground Mining and Surface activities of the site. You will work with top-end, new survey equipment and form a key part of this small and talented Technical team at Rothsay.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist in maintaining accurate survey control of underground workings, surface development and stockpiles.
- Assist with and carry out detailed surveys for end-of-month volumes and reporting.
- Effective use and maintenance of Leica Total Station equipment, and GPS equipment.
- Learn and ensure compliance with safety, environmental and statutory regulations, as well as Silver Lake Surveying standards.
- Generate accurate survey data and effectively communicate information to the technical team in a timely manner.
- Assist with ensuring Emergency Plans are up to date and easily accessible.
- Produce Mine Plans for regulatory submissions (under the direction and supervision of the appointed Surveyor).
- Installation of necessary survey control for directional control of mining.
- Assist with the production on Mine plans and memos to a high standard as required.
- Maintain mining physicals statistics.
- Assist with aerial survey work as required using a DJI M200 Drone and associated processing software, including Pix4D and Global Mapper.
You are an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated individual with a passion for Surveying and a high attention to detail. You have excellent time management skills and are committed to driving your personal development. Your ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with a wide range of people will see you excel in this role.
In addition to this you have:
- Recent completion of Bachelor of Mining and Engineering Surveying, or a Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Surveying is desirable.
- Vacation experience working at an underground mine would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Surpac software is preferred.
- Experience working with Leica Total Station equipment is preferable.
- High degree of self-motivation with the ability to work as part of a team or autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a current, manual "C" class Western Australian driver’s licence.
- Be able to obtain a National Police Clearance.
This role is offered on an 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity working at a smaller mine where you will have a broad range of experience and be mentored by a talented team of professionals.
To be considered for this role, please follow the APPLY prompts by no later than Friday 18th June 2021.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.