The Deflector Processing Plant produces both Gold bullion and Copper concentrate through gravity separation, flotation and a newly commissioned CIP circuit. The process plant receives ore from the Deflector and Deflector South West mines located on site, as well as trucked ore from Silver Lake’s Rothsay mine. This copper/gold processing facility presents a unique opportunity to test and refine the metallurgical process of a new plant, within an established and high-performing environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a new Metallurgy Graduate to become part of the Deflector team and help us build on the enviable success we have had to date. Working collaboratively, and learning from a team of experienced Metallurgists, you will provide support to the operations team to enable the safe, efficient, sustainable and cost-effective extraction of ore.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Monitor the day-to-day technical results of the processing plant and assist Metallurgists to optimise recovery
- Provide input into operating variable adjustments needed to achieve target outputs
- Report any performance issues in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate plant performance feedback and changes to the plan to the operators as needed
- Learn to operate sections of the processing plant, including crushing, grinding, flotation, dewatering and CIP
- Assist in production and shipment forecasting and budgeting to develop your metallurgical accounting skills
- Look for and suggest improvement opportunities in all areas of the plant and data recording
- Foster a strong and productive culture though communication, dedication and teamwork.
You are a talented individual with excellent interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm to learn. You have a passion for Metallurgy and are looking for a supportive and cooperative team where your skills will be nurtured to flourish.
You can demonstrate
- Recent completion of a Bachelor of Science in Extractive Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Basic understanding of metallurgical processes and testing procedures
- Strong MS Office skills, with solid experience in using excel
- A positive attitude, curiosity to learn and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Commitment to safe work practices and conscientious completion of safety documentation
- WA "C" class driver's license.
This role is offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth and will allow you to become an important part of our growth and success. You will work with an exceptional group of operators and Metallurgists in the Processing team and be mentored to develop your skills.
We promote a culture of mutual respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs are underpinned by our commitment to diversity and equality and, as such, we welcome applications from women and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter by following the APPLY prompts no later than Friday 12th August. You must hold full work rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
Please note - candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.