Rothsay Gold Mine is one of Australia’s newest underground gold mines located just 300km north of Perth and only 45 minutes by plane. Rothsay recently commenced underground mining and is now in full production. This is the perfect time to join a high performing team near the start of a project.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and personable Graduate Geologist to join our close knit Rothsay team. Working closely with experienced and talented professionals, you will have the opportunity to build an exceptional foundation in the industry through exposure to a broad range of technical tasks and hands-on practical experience. You will learn industry best practice while understanding how to operate in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide ore drive development direction to underground operators;
- Assist with underground mapping and sampling to minimise ore loss and dilution and increase the geological understanding of the deposit;
- Provide assistance to Geologists to ensure that work programmes are completed as planned;
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers, Traditional Owners, Landholders and other Departments as directed;
- Undertake diamond core processing, including logging, mark-up and orientation, core cutting, sampling, structural measurements and QAQC protocols
- Undertake other sampling, data collection and supplementary geological activities as required;
You are a collaborative and practical individual, who has fantastic interpersonal skills and shares our passion for excellence. You are an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated, and are looking to learn from the best. Your can-do attitude and attention to detail will ensure all exploration, sampling and data collection is carried out to the highest possible standard and level of accuracy.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology are essential;
- Current C-class WA drivers licence;
- Ability to observe and follow safety rules and regulations;
- Must be in good physical health;
- Be organised, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to work as part of a small and autonomous team;
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff of all levels;
- Vacation work experience within the Mining industry, ideally within Gold Mining, will be highly regarded.
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to learn narrow-vein Gold mining geology, as part of a high performing team that is going from strength to strength. This role is being offered on an 8:6, 7:7 day shift â night shift FIFO roster, and will provide the support you need to excel in your role.
Competitive entry-level salary will be offered to our preferred applicant. To be considered for this role, please forward your CV, a brief covering letter and your academic transcript by following the APPLY prompts.
Please note - candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.