The Deflector Processing Plant produces both Gold bullion and Copper concentrate, and has recently undergone a major expansion to add a CIP circuit to the existing crushing, grinding, Gravity separation and Floatation circuits. This expansion has immediately improved recoveries to around 96% and has enabled processing of new ore sources, including the nearby Rothsay mine and multiple other targets within the Deflector tenement.
The Gold Room Operator will optimise gold recovery by ensuring that all gold recovery circuits, and the gold room are operated safely, efficiently and to set parameters. You will ensure strict security procedures are followed, as well lead by example in demonstrating a high standard of work, safety, and housekeeping. Your extensive knowledge and expertise in Gold Room operation will allow you to trouble shoot effectively, as well as provide mentoring to more junior operators in Gold recovery operations.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensure gold extraction and refining is undertaken in a safe, secure, and efficient manner.
- Strive to meet or exceed gold production targets.
- Effectively operate the gravity and Acacia circuits
- Efficient operation of the Elution and electrowinning circuit
- Actively maintain knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Practices.
- Ensure gold room Security Procedures are always maintained and certified.
- Monitor gold room reagent stock levels and liaise with the Supply Department to ensure availability.
- Ensure a safe work environment through incident/accident reporting, high housekeeping standards, and active involvement in safety programs and meetings; and
- Maintain correct and accurate bullion smelting and dispatch records
You are a reliable, trustworthy, and passionate Gold room Operator with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. You thrive in a small team environment and take pride in the high quality of your work, with meticulous attention to detail.
You can demonstrate:
- Competence in operating a gravity gold recovery circuit (Knelsons, tabling), through to smelting of final bullion product is essential
- Previous operation of an Acacia Reactor
- Previous experience with operation and maintenance of Knelson concentrators.
- Anglo American Research Laboratories (AARL) Elution process knowledge highly regarded
- A good working knowledge and proven compliance with mining security protocols
- The ability to work as part of a small and autonomous team
- The desire to learn and share knowledge
- A proven employment history as a considerate and hardworking team member.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation; and
- Hold a current "C Class" WA driver's licence and Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Hold high risk forklift licence
- Confined space and working at heights desirable
- Competent in the use of MS office, INX, Pronto or similar and Citect or DCS control systems
We are offering a competitive inductryu-benchmarked salary and an 8:6 day shift only roster either FIFO from Perth, or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas. You will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional group of Operators and Metallurgists in the Processing team and be a key part of Deflector’s success during an exciting growth phase.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and brief covering letter by following the Apply prompts. You must hold full work rights for Australia and be either based in Western Australia or willing to relocate to be considered for this role.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.