Silver Lake Resources is currently seeking a Field Assistant to participate in advanced exploration/resource definition projects in the Kalgoorlie and Murchison districts of WA.
This role is offered on an 8 day on 6 day off roster and would require the incumbent to be Perth based.
Silver Lake Resources is a well-financed gold producer and explorer focused on the discovery and development of new gold deposits, led by an experienced management team with proven corporate, mining and exploration success.
A broad range of experience will be considered however experience in Western Australian gold exploration and/or mining is preferred.
Reporting to the Field Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all geological tasks are completed safely and in accordance with company policies, procedures, systems and the Mine Regulations and Safety Inspection Acts.
- Completion of all tasks associated with RC Percussion and Air-core sample management and collection in line with Silver Lake Resources QA/QC protocols.
- Completion of all tasks associated with diamond drilling core processing workflow, including quality control of core, correction of errors in core presentation and core block spacing and meter marking of core.
- Other work may include supervising earthworks, conducting heritage surveys with traditional owners, and assisting with regional logistics.
What we will expect from you
- Sound knowledge of safety requirements relevant to exploration.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- A positive and constructive attitude and the ability to work within a team.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Full C-class manual driver’s licence.
- 4WD Certificate highly regarded.
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote locations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office software packages.
- Familiarity with LogChief software would be highly regarded.
- Must be able to complete a National Police Clearance.
Along with a competitive remuneration package, you will have the exciting opportunity to join our passionate Exploration team where you will be part of our quest of discovery.
If this sounds like the challenge you have been looking for then please click "Apply Now" and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.