Silver Lake Resources is currently seeking an enthusiastic Exploration Geologist and Project Exploration Geologist to join our team.
The Exploration Department is responsible for the advancement of projects across all tenements surrounding the Mount Monger, Deflector and Rothsay operations exploring in seven distinct lithological packages.
Silver Lake Resources is a well-financed gold producer and explorer focused on the discovery and development of new gold deposits, led by an experienced management team with proven corporate, mining and exploration success.
This is an incredible opportunity to gain exposure to exploration methodologies from first-pass exploration through to resource definition programs. You will gain experience across a suite of mineralisation styles and deposits, including:
- Narrow, vein hosted high-grade gold (world-class deposit)
- Mafic/ultramafic hosted gold-copper
- Amphibolite facies hosted high grade gold
- Sedimentary iron hosted gold
- Associated supergene mineralisation
We actively strive to encourage the professional growth and development of every member of our team through on-the-job mentoring, external training, and a roster that allows each team member to cycle through all active projects.
This long term, secure role is offered on an 8 day on 6 day off roster, FIFO from Perth.
- The ability to work safely and effectively, autonomously and as part of a small, dynamic team
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with contractors, external departments, technical specialists and relevant stakeholders
- Supervision of AC, RC and DD rigs, including data capture and entry, QAQC and data validation
- Design, coordination and implementation of mapping, surface sampling, and drill programs
- Analysis and interpretation of drilling results, and the generation of new targets
- Validation and interrogation of historical data
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A genuine passion and enthusiasm for geology and discovery
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with regional and near-mine exploration
- Full ‘C’ class manual driver’s licence with 4WD experience well regarded
- Experience with Leapfrog, IoGas, LogChief, DataShed, MapInfo Discover is a bonus
If this sounds like the challenge you have been looking for then please click "Apply Now" and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.