This is an exciting opportunity for an organised and self-motivated Warehouse & Procurement Officer to be a key part of the Deflector team for a 15 month Fixed-term position to cover maternity leave. Reporting to the Administration Superintendent, we are looking for a solutions-focused and multi-skilled individual, who has strong warehouse skills and the willingness to support our success through flexibility to adapt to business requirements. In this diverse role, you will primarily be ensuring that stock levels are maintained at all times, controlling the flow of stock in and out of the stores, as well as procurement and purchasing tasks. You have a positive, can-do attitude coupled with an eye for process improvement opportunities.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Unloading, checking and receipting of deliveries to site;
- Conduct audits of and maintain inventory and reagent levels to ensure their availability;
- Ensure accuracy of goods and paperwork with supplier documentation and purchase orders;
- Working closely with the maintenance team to identify, price and procure critical spares;
- Supplier sourcing, set-up and relationship management;
- Purchase order management for stores;
- Package and dispatch of goods and equipment;
- Coordinate weekly freight, hotshot freight and controlled waste management as required;
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
You are a highly motivated professional with the ability to build, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds. You are approachable, collaborative, and have excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality. You can effectively prioritise your work and have strong ability to multi-task, which will see you thrive in this fast-paced and variable role.
This will be supported by the following qualifications, experience and characteristics;
- 4+ years previous Stores experience in a mining operation;
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office suite, with experience in computer-based inventory and procurement management systems is essential;
- Proven procurement & supply chain experience;
- Previous use of Pronto business software will be highly regarded;
- Experience in conducting cyclic stock takes, receipting, maintaining master data integrity.
- Coherent with rotable spares, inventory obsolescence and stock valuation processes.
- The ability to work autonomously and unsupervised;
- WorkSafe High Risk Forklift license (LF) is essential;
- MR (or higher) class driver’s license would be preferred;
- Passion for driving process improvement and change management;
- Dangerous Goods Storage and Handling qualification desirable;
- Exposure to Chain of Responsibility legislation desirable;
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills, including attention to detail; and
- Previous wet processing plant parts and consumables ordering experience.
We are offering the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and diverse role on a FIFO 8:6 roster (Currently 15:13 due to COVID-19) from Perth and be part of a small team with an excellent culture.
This 15 month Fixed-term position will commence in June 2020 to allow for a handover with the current incumbent. Salary and benefits, as per a Permanent employee, be offered to the successful candidate.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a brief covering letter by following the APPLY NOW prompts by no later than Friday 5th June 2020. Please note that we may elect to close this position prior to this date due to volume of response.