This is an exciting opportunity to join a project at inception and make your mark on the success of new mine. The Rothsay Gold Project is located approximately 300kms north-north east of Perth and 85km south-east of Silver Lake’s Deflector Operations. A largely undeveloped asset, Rothsay has a current Mineral Resource of 454koz at 9.2g/t. Silver Lake is planning to commence surface infrastructure establishment for the Rothsay mine from Q4 FY20, with mine development estimated to commence late Q1 FY21.
To provide support in driving the development of this exciting new asset, we are looking for a Mine Surveyor to take on a leadership role within this dedicated project team. Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor, and working back to back with another Mine Surveyor, you will deliver all site survey requirements for both the underground and surface aspects of the operation.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Maintain accurate survey control of underground workings, surface development and stockpiles;
- Carrying out detailed surveys for end-of-month volumes and reporting;
- Effective use and maintenance of Leica Total Station equipment, and GPS equipment;
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental and statutory regulations, as well as Silver Lake Surveying standards;
- Generate accurate survey data and effectively communicate information to the technical team in a timely manner;
- Ensure Emergency Plans are up to date and easily accessible (as per regulatory requirements);
- Produce Mine Plans for regulatory submissions (under the direction and supervision of the appointed Surveyor);
- Installation of necessary survey control for directional control of mining;
- Produce survey plans and memos as required to a high standard;
- Maintain mining physicals statistics;
- Assist with compiling monthly reports;
- Assist with aerial survey work as required using a DJI M200 Drone and associated processing software, including Pix4D and Global Mapper.
You are a high calibre Surveyor who has an inquisitive mind, high attention to detail, and drive to continue to grow and develop professionally. You have excellent time management skills and demonstrated experience of working autonomously. Your ability to build rapport with a wide range of people will see you excel in this role.
In addition to this you have:
- Minimum of 12 months underground mine survey experience is essential;
- Working knowledge of Surpac software is essential;
- Experience working with Leica Total Station equipment is preferable;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mine Surveying would be viewed favorably;
- Demonstrated safe work practices;
- High degree of self-motivation with the ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks;
- A professional attitude and the ability to work as part of a team or autonomously;
- Excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills.
This role is offered on an 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas. You may initially be based at Perenjory until camp infrastructure at Rothsay is finalised in June. Competitive market salary will be offered to the successful applicant.
To be considered for this role, please follow the APPLY prompts by no later than Monday 25th May 2020.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.