This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role in the near-mine Exploration team at our Deflector tenement and surrounds. Reporting to the Resource Development Manager in Perth, the core focus of the role will be to identify and define resource expansion opportunities within the company portfolio. Working closely with the Exploration and Mining teams, you will provide direction and guidance to a team of Field assistants and Graduate Geologists.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Design and manage field exploration programmes to discover economic gold and/or copper mineralisation;
- Ensure all exploration activities are conducted to a high standard compliant with environmental, heritage and safety requirements;
- Build regional scale geological models to develop a pipeline of exploration targets across the Project area;
- Supervise and ensure appropriate data collection, dispatch and storage procedures are followed and documented;
- Participate in the evaluation and identification of potential for economic mineralisation within third party projects for acquisition opportunities;
- Develop, implement and review exploration procedures; and
- Coach and mentor team members.
We are looking for a high calibre Geologist with an inquisitive mind and drive to continue to grow and develop professionally. You will have a solid understanding of Archean gold exploration, and ideally VHMS base metal exploration.
You will possess the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and maintain excellent working relationships in a small team environment.
This will be supported by the following qualifications, experience and characteristics:
- 7 years + Exploration or Project experience in a similar site-based role;
- Tertiary qualification in Geology (BSc. Geology or Applied Geology);
- Demonstrated exposure to AC/RAB/RC and Diamond drilling techniques;
- Experience in exploring for Archean gold deposits, and VHMS base metal systems;
- Previous Supervisory experience and management of field-based teams and broader technical teams;
- The ability to work autonomously;
- Proficient in the use and application of MSOffice products, Leapfrog, Map Info and Micromine or Surpac software; and
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
You will have the opportunity to work in an interesting and diverse role on a FIFO 8:6 roster cycle from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas. You will be working with a talented and committed technical services team who will mentor you to excel in your role.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate. To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a brief covering letter by following the APPLY prompts, by no later than Monday 21st October 2019.
Please note - candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.