The Deflector Mine is an underground, shallow, narrow-vein Gold and Copper mine that commenced production in May 2016. The ore is contained in a series of structurally controlled, high-grade lodes and mined through sub-level stoping and long-hole stoping methods. With record Gold production and strong Exploration drilling results immediately to the south and south-west of the existing resource, Deflector continues to have a bright future ahead.
To capitalise on the success of our Deflector operation, we are looking for a driven and talented Senior Production Engineer to join our highly skilled Technical Services team. Reporting to the Mining Superintendent, the Senior Production Engineer will oversee a Production Engineer and a Graduate Production Engineer, and provide support to the mining team to develop safe and efficient underground drill and blast designs, short term schedules, and fulfil the statutory position of mine Ventilation Officer. As a passionate and results-driven professional, you will bring your technical expertise and analytical approach to this dynamic and challenging role.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Effectively mentor, manage and develop Production Engineers;
- Assist the Ventilation Officer and ensure optimal ventilation of the mine;
- Oversee the development and implementation of drill and blast designs, monitor the outcomes and provide actions to improve;
- Create stope notes and complete stope reconciliations to monitor drill and blast performance;
- Develop, maintain and update the short and medium term plans and schedules to meet site targets;
- Ensure compliance with legislative and statutory requirements, production QA/QC, as well as company safety and environmental standards;
- Update production standards, as well as identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives;
- Track performance, monitor compliance and assist in assessing the monthly progress claims of the Underground Contractor;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of weekly, monthly and quarterly mine plans, as well as physical and cost variance reporting;
- Complete mine infrastructure and optimisation projects as required as well as providing general operational technical support; and
- Ensure compliance to plan through regular inspections and auditing of contractor activities and outcomes.
- From time to time hold the positon of Alt. Underground manager, if suitable qualified.
You are a talented, highly motivated individual with a hard-working attitude and a creative approach to problem solving. You have demonstrated experience in mining contractor management, and your outgoing and engaging approach will make you a successful leader in this high-achieving team.
As a minimum you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Recognised tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering;
- Completion of underground experience to enable eligibility for WA First Class Mine Manager’s certificate, with certification achieved viewed favourably;
- Minimum 6 years post graduate experience, with at least some experience in narrow vein, underground, metalliferous mining;
- Previous experience in mentoring or managing other Engineering professionals;
- Previous experience in the role of Ventilation Officer would be preferred;
- Proficient computer skills in MsOffice Suite and Deswik or Mine2-4D software (Surpac knowledge beneficial);
- Detailed knowledge of mining functions applicable to narrow vein underground gold mining, including drill and blast considerations, productivity issues, geotechnical consideration and underground ventilation networks;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Pro-active approach and drive for safe work practices and initiatives;
- Excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills;
- The ability to work autonomously and within a small team sharing workload; and
- Hold a current C Class driver's license and Senior First Aid Certificate
This role is offered on a 15:13 roster, either FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas. You will have the opportunity to learn from talented mining professionals, whilst having the stability of an established and financially secure company.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.