This is an exciting opportunity to join a project at inception and make your mark on the success of new mine. The Rothsay Gold Project is located approximately 300kms north-north east of Perth and 85km south-east of Silver Lake’s Deflector Operations. A largely undeveloped asset, Rothsay has a current Mineral Resource of 454koz at 9.2g/t. Silver Lake is planning to commence surface infrastructure establishment for the Rothsay mine from Q4 FY20, with mine development estimated to commence late Q1 FY21.
To drive the development of this exciting new asset, we are looking for an experienced Surveyor to take on a leadership role within this dedicated project team. Reporting to the Underground Manager, with technical input from the Chief Surveyor based at the Deflector Mine, you will deliver all site survey requirements for both the underground and surface aspects of the operation.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Maintain accurate survey control of underground workings, surface development and stockpiles;
- Carrying out detailed surveys for end-of-month volumes and reporting;
- Prepare timely and accurate weekly and monthly survey reports;
- Effective use and maintenance of Leica Total Station equipment, and GPS equipment;
- Conduct accurate aerial survey work using a DJI M200 Drone and associated processing software, including Pix4D and Global Mapper;
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental and statutory regulations, as well as Silver Lake Surveying standards;
- Provide direction and guidance to site Mine Survey team;
- Effectively communicate survey information to the technical team in a timely manner;
- Produce Mine Plans for regulatory submissions;
- Install necessary survey controls required for directional control of mining
You are a high calibre Surveyor who has an inquisitive mind, high attention to detail, and drive to continue to grow and develop professionally. You have excellent time management skills and demonstrated experience of working autonomously. Your ability to build rapport with a wide range of people will see you excel in this role.
In addition to this you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mine Surveying;
- Minimum of 7 years of mine site survey experience;
- Working knowledge of Surpac software is essential;
- Experience working with Leica Total Station equipment is preferable;
- Demonstrated safe work practices;
- Drone operation experience and Remote Pilot Licence would be an advantage;
- High degree of self-motivation with the ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks;
- A professional attitude and the ability to work as part of a team or autonomously; and
- Excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills.
You would be initially based in the South Perth head office and working a 5:2 work week, before transferring to site in March 2020. You would initially be required to drive in and out from site as required with a company provided car. Once flights are established to site, you will transition to an 8&6 FIFO roster. Competitive market salary will be offered to the successful applicant.
To be considered for this role, please follow the APPLY prompts by no later than Monday 24th February 2020.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.