The Deflector Mine is an underground, shallow, narrow-vein Gold and Copper mine that commenced production in May 2016. The ore is contained in a series of structurally controlled, high-grade lodes and is mined through sub-level stoping and long-hole stoping methods. With record Gold production and strong Exploration drilling results immediately to the south and south-west of the existing resource, Deflector continues to have a bright future ahead.
To capitalise on the success of our Deflector operation, we are looking for a driven and talented Senior Mine Geologist to join our highly skilled Technical Services team. Reporting to the Chief Mine Geologist and managing a team of Geology professionals, this role will be responsible to provide planning and supervision of the grade control function, reconciliations, and modelling of the deposit at Deflector. As a passionate and results-driven professional, you will bring your technical expertise and analytical approach to this dynamic and challenging role.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Plan, design and monitor grade control drilling programmes to accurately delineate the orebody ahead of mining;
- Maintain up to date wireframe interpretations of grade control data;
- Produce grade control block models including reconciliations, reporting and feedback;
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports on grade control drilling, ore reconciliation, mine geology and grade drivers;
- Communicate geological, geotechnical and grade information to site technical, management and contract personnel to assist with mine planning and in achieving production targets;
- Ensure ore is extracted to maximise recovery and minimise ore loss and dilution;
- Adhere to site and department safe work procedures and strive to instil a safety culture in Geology and other mine personnel;
- Mentor, train and manage the performance of a team of Geology professionals;
- QA/QC monitoring;
- Deputise for Chief Mine Geologist when required; and
- Foster close working relationships with technical staff and contractor personnel.
You are a high calibre Mine Geologist with a professional attitude with the ability to build, develop and maintain professional relationships with employees, contractors and regulatory bodies. You bring a wealth of knowledge in underground mining and exceptional technical skills, coupled with a thirst for continuous improvement and drive to exceed expectations.
As a minimum you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology with 5+ years industry experience working as part of an operational underground team in a narrow vein mining environment;
- Previous supervisory experience in a small team environment;
- The ability to plan, design and monitor grade control activities and drilling programmes to accurately delineate the orebody;
- Experience with narrow vein gold ore-forming processes and modelling techniques;
- A strong working knowledge of underground mining functions;
- A methodical approach to data management and validation processes; and
- Advanced proficiency with mining software packages with Surpac and Leapfrog experience highly regarded;
- The ability to work autonomously and within a small team sharing workload; and
- Hold a current C Class driver's license and Senior First Aid Certificate
You will have the opportunity to work in a technically challenging and diverse role, on a FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth, or DIDO from Geraldton/surrounding areas. You will be working with a talented and committed technical services team, who will support you to excel in your role, whilst having the stability of an established and financially secure company.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Applications close Friday 21st February. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.