Silver Lake Resources is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Daisy Milano Underground Operations at Mount Monger. The position is to lead the geotechnical team responsible for optimising mine infrastructure development through the application of rock mechanics. The role also provides geotechnical advice regarding mine design and planning. While primarily based at the Daisy Milano Mine you will be responsible for providing geotechnical advice and oversight at all other MMO mines, both underground and open pit.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
Developing and implementing standards and procedures in respect to ground stability, ground monitoring, control and mine infrastructure
- Leading or ensuring geotechnical inspections of mining operations are regularly conducted
- Supervising and mentoring subordinate geotechnical engineers and other technical staff
- Advising and assisting engineers with recommendations on geotechnical issues
- Supporting the underground manager in the effective implementation and application of the Ground Control Management Plan
- Performing Ground Support Audits and provide methods for addressing key concerns
- Taking control of the mine-site’s seismic monitoring system
- Investigating development and/or stope ground failures
- Participating in planning and production meetings and updates.
- Assisting in the compilation of weekly production plan.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following criteria:
Formal qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent tertiary degree.
- Significant experience in an underground mining environment.
- Excellent understanding of statutory requirements of the WA Mining Act and Regulations together with the OSH Act.
- A high level of mining technical capacity
- Ability to utilise mining software packages and tools
- IMS Vantage
- Ability to assess mining working conditions and environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
The position enjoys a FIFO 8:6 roster.
You must be either an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Australia to be eligible to be considered for this position.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.