Silver Lake Resources (SLR) currently has an opportunity for a Senior Mine Geologist to join our Geology team based at our Mount Monger Operations near Kalgoorlie. This role is based at our Aldiss Mining Project working an 8/6 FIFO roster.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure that all work is of the highest possible standard and quality, while maintaining efficient, effective and safe implementation of Operations work programs
- Provide administrative and technical planning, management and leadership for the open pits geology team
- Supervise, and when necessary modify, work programs to achieve targets
- Continuously review project work programme priorities and methodologies to provide ongoing improvement in the effectiveness and results to ensure business needs are met in a timely manner
- Ensure quality models are delivered to mine planning in line with mine schedules
- Review and approve model release for effective ore control
- Liaise closely with operations, mill and technical staff to reduce variance of key metrics to planned targets
- To prepare monthly reports and Project technical reports
- Work closely with peers to effectively manage and report on the operation’s reconciliation process
- Ensure effective contractor management within your discipline
- Assist the Management team in preparation, tracking and reporting against budgets and mine planning schedules.
- Assist the Geology Manager in Change Management as necessary
- Ensure all statutory requirements in your work area are met
The successful candidate will be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Geoscience related discipline
- +5 years’ industry experience including open pit geology and supervisory experience
- Knowledge of mine production and grade control practices
- Working knowledge of Datamine (preferred) and related software applications
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite
- Manual ‘C’ class driver’s licence
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Please note only applicants eligible to work in Australia will be considered.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.