Silver Lake Resources Mount Monger Operations (MMO) is seeking an experienced practitioner to fulfill the above role supporting the Health Safety and Training team on site.
The main purpose of this senior role is to support the OHS&T Superintendent and ensure all OHS&T standards are continually met across all MMO UG sites and facilities. The role provides advice to the management teams of these sites as well as supervision and guidance to the MMO OHS team in the absence of the OHS&T Superintendent.
This is a Kalgoorlie based residential role on a 5/2 roster, however we will consider FIFO from Perth on an 8/6, 4/3 roster for the right candidate. This position reports directly to the Health Safety and Training Superintendent.
Key areas of responsibility for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, review, audit and improve the MMO UG risk profile and compliance in implementing critical controls
- Assist in facilitating operational risk reviews and the implementation of approved controls
- Assist in facilitating the review and development of an approved OHS & Training Improvement Plan
- Attend and coordinate the OHS requirements at DM toolbox and safety meetings.
- Assist in leading, drafting and presenting accident/incident investigations and reports
- Compile and submit weekly, monthly, annual reports as directed by the OHS Superintendent
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- As a minimum, possess a Diploma level qualification In Occupational Health and Safety (essential)
- 5 years’ experience within the UG mining industry in an OH&S role. (essential)
- Working knowledge of underground mining operations (essential)
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work closely with our contractors to ensure the safe delivery of the project.
- ICAM or Tap-Root Investigation Training (essential)
- Sound Knowledge of the MSIA and MSIR WA.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Collector
- Certificate IV Workplace Trainer Assessor.
- Previous INX exposure.
- High level of computer literacy skills
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter. The successful candidate will be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to promote productive, safe and smooth operations. If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies applications will not be considered at this stage