This exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated individual to join our Mount Monger Geology team 60 kilometres SE of Kalgoorlie.
Key Responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Undertake grade control modelling to utilising geological datasets
- Design, schedule and implement all aspects of grade control drilling and sampling
- Generate, optimise, and produce geological sections and ore body outlines for use by the site planning team
- Review and undertake geological mapping as required
- Monitor sampling procedures, standards and frequency
- Utilise geological data to carry out interpretation
- Abide by and proactively comply with Company policies, procedures, guidelines and systems, as well as all relevant legislation
This role will become an integral part of the Geology team and it is therefore essential that the incumbent can demonstrate the following:
- Strong knowledge of gold mineralisation and gold deposit styles and characteristics
- Strong mapping skills and sampling practice
- Practical knowledge in pit geological and mining practices
- Computer literate with expertise in geological modelling software (familiarity with Datamine, Datashed and Leapfrog would be advantageous)
- Tertiary qualifications plus at least 3 years open pits mine geology experience
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter. The successful candidate will be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to promote a business outcome focused culture as well as ensure the safe and smooth operation of the plant. This is a FIFO role with a 8/6 roster.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
You must be an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.