Vacancies exists for experienced Planning/Scheduling Engineers to join the start up of our underground mining operations at our Rothsay complex, located in the mid-west Southern Murchison region of Western Australia approximately 360KM N/NE of Perth. The role will review and work to standard processes and systems relating to mine and infrastructure planning to ensure the mine is operating safely, efficiently, consistently and profitable. Deliver detailed mine designs and schedules tailored to meet short, medium and long term mine targets set by the Underground Mine Manager.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Ensure that plans are designed and issued in accordance to the mine schedule.
- Monitor development and stoping excavations in relation to size and position in comparison to planned, geology and ground control management.
- Assist with the production of Joint Ore Reserves Committee Ore Reserves Statement
- Work closely with Silver Lake technical team and the underground contractor to safely deliver the Mine plan
- Regularly report to UG Manager and internal stakeholders on project progress against targets
- Ensure any operational requirements or changes to production and ventilation which may affect other business has been effectively communicated by the production team
- Compile the Weekly Production Plan in consultation with the Mine Foreman, Underground Manager and Production Engineer
- Prepare 3 month rolling schedules.
- Continually review and update long term schedule to ensure current accuracy
- Collection and summation of data for EOM Reporting.
- Monitor mine services, including the planning of pumping stations, substations and related service infrastructure.
- Complete detailed development designs in accordance to the mine schedule
- Prepare and document safe and economic stope designs for assessment in mine plans/schedules and ensure effective communication to the Production Engineers supported by relevant planning standards and site management plans (e.g. GCMP).
- Regularly challenge, review and optimise mine
- Complete financial evaluations and optimisations on the mine plan to ensure the most economical mine plan is implemented based on available inputs.
- Assist with the preparation of mine Budget forecasts and reports.
- Assist with feasibility and due-diligence evaluations on prospective mining areas.
- Regularly engage with Engineering and Geology staff to maintain high level of understanding and awareness of progress to plan
- Provide the Production Engineers with regular updates on the status of any planning or infrastructure priorities enabling any change or additional requirements to be built into short term plans
- Work collaboratively with Mine Geology to schedule and manage grade control and ore definition requirements.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to develop and deliver on the optimal mine plan.
As a minimum you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Current WA âCâ Class Driver’s License
- Current ‘Apply First Aid’ Certificate
- Proficient use and application of MsOffice suite, and relevant mining software including but not limited to Deswik Suite and VentSim.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Previous experience and knowledge of underground mining functions applicable to narrow vein underground gold mining
- Understanding of mine ventilation systems, both primary and secondary, and statutory requirements pertaining to mine ventilation
- Understanding of geotechnical underground stress regimes, potential effects on ground movements and general geotechnical requirements and limitations.
- Understanding of operational infrastructure requirements (power, water, air, etc.) in underground environments.
- Proven history to deliver on mine plans in line with agreed targets
This role will report to the Rothsay Underground Manager. Initially Perth based on a 5:2 roster with requirement for site travel to other Silver Lake operations, the role will ultimately be FIFO on an 8:6 back to back roster.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Submissions close Wednesday 21 January 2019. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.