Silver Lake Resources is looking for an experienced ESO/OHS Advisor to join our Mount Monger OHS team. This role reports directly to the OHS Superintendent and will work an 8/6 roster.
The role will be based in the Mount Monger Area at our Daisy Milano site and will suite someone locally based in Kalgoorlie. The main purpose of the role is to provide an OHS and training advisory service to all Mount Monger Operations (MMO) as well as train and co-ordinate the MMO Emergency Management Teams (includes EMT & ERT).
Areas of responsibility for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing 24Hr Site Medic services to the MMO.
- Monitor, review, audit and improve the MMO emergency event and capability risk profile and compliance.
- Maintain the site Emergency Response Plan and related Procedures.
- Maintain currency with industry best practice in safety and emergency response.
- Assist in facilitating the review and development of an approved Emergency Management Training Improvement Plan
- Deliver general site emergency response training programs, Emergency & Crisis Management Team training and exercises to site Teams
- Maintain all emergency management infrastructure and resources to regulatory, manufacturer and company standards
- Coordinate and conduct routine maintenance and inspections of all rescue and emergency equipment, MMO medical centres, first aid equipment, ambulances and medical stock.
- Conduct work place inspections and audits.
- Assist the Surface Ventilation Officer with CONTAM sampling
- Compile and present statistical reports on injuries, type, frequency and action as directed by the OHS Superintendent
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- At least 4 years’ Underground experience and in a similar role.
- Certificate IV of Work Place Assessing and Training.
- Certificate IV Health Care (Ambulance)
- Certificate IV Occupational Health and Safety
- Minimum Cert III Mine Emergency Response, including closed circuit BA
- Current WA âAâ & âBâ Class driver’s licence.
- Chem-Alert Administrator.
- ICAM or Tap-Root Investigation Training.
- A High level of computer literacy skills.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Diploma Paramedical Science.
- Surface Ventilation Technician.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies applications will not be considered at this stage.