The Deflector Mine is an underground, shallow, narrow-vein, high grade Gold and Copper mine that commenced production in May 2016. The ore is contained in a series of structurally controlled, high-grade lodes and mined through sub-level open stoping methods. With record of ore tonnes, gold production and strong Exploration drilling results immediately to the south-west of the existing resource, Deflector continues to have a bright future ahead with its current 5 years mine life.
We are growing our Mining team to build on our current success, and are looking for a driven and talented Mining Engineer to join our highly skilled Technical Services team. Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will develop safe and efficient underground drill and blast designs, short term schedules, and assist in mine ventilation management. As a passionate and results-driven professional, you will bring your technical expertise and analytical approach to this dynamic and diverse role.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Development and implementation of Drill and Blast designs: oversee the process, monitor the outcomes and provide actions to improve;
- Develop, maintain and update the short and medium term plans and schedules;
- Provide support to ensure compliance with legislative and statutory requirements, as well as company environmental and safety standards;
- Perform duties requested by the Ventilation Officer, including conducting regular inspection of work areas and testing of mine ventilation circuits;
- Work closely with the Underground Contractor to implement the mine plan;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of weekly, monthly and quarterly mine plans;
- Complete mine projects as required;
- Provide technical support to the operation as needed; and
- Ensure compliance to plan through regular inspections and auditing of contractor activities.
We are looking for a self-motivated and practical individual, who can build and maintain professional and productive working relationships in a small team environment. You are an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated, and teamwork oriented person with a passion for Mining Engineering and a high attention to detail.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering BEng;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role;
- Completion of Practical experience for FCMM certificate highly regarded;
- Proficient skills in Deswik and Ventsim would be an advantage;
- Proficient computer skills in MsOffice Suite;
- Working knowledge of underground gold mining;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Pro-active approach and drive for safe work practices and initiatives;
- Excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills;
- The ability to work autonomously and within a small team sharing workload; and
- Hold a current C Class driver's license.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced and high performing production environment that is going from strength to strength. You will be working on a 15:13 FIFO roster, with a talented technical services team, who will mentor you to excel in your role.
Competitive salary will be offered to the successful applicant.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.