Deflector Mine is an underground, shallow, narrow-vein, high grade Gold and Copper mine that has been in production sine May 2016. The ore is contained in a series of structurally controlled, high-grade lodes and mined through sub-level open stoping methods. With a second decline commencing development shortly to access the high-grade deflector South-West lodes, it is a busy and exciting time for the Deflector mining team.
We are growing as a result of our success, and are looking for a passionate and talented Mining Engineer to join our Deflector team. With mentoring from Senior Mining Engineers, you will develop safe and effective underground drill and blast designs, short term schedules, and assist in mine ventilation management. Your exceptional communication skills and collaborative approach will see you excel in this rewarding role.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Developing and implementing Drill and Blast designs;
- Developing and updating short and medium term plans and schedules;
- Providing support to the Ventilation Officer, including conducting regular inspection of work areas and testing of mine ventilation circuits;
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Underground Contractor to achieve targets;
- Contribute to the development of weekly, monthly and quarterly mine plans;
- Complete mine project work as required;
- Provide technical support to the operation as needed; and
- Ensure compliance to plan through inspections and auditing of contractor activities.
You are a collaborative and practical individual, who has fantastic interpersonal skills and shares our passion for excellence. You are an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated, and always remain calm under pressure. You are committed to continuous improvement and are looking for an opportunity where you can feel you are making a difference.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering BEng;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role;
- Completed Practical experience for FCMM certificate would be highly regarded;
- Experience in using Deswik and Ventsim would be an advantage;
- A solid understanding of underground gold mining;
- Curiosity to improve and passion to exceed expectations;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Pro-active approach and drive for safe work practices and initiatives;
- The ability to work both independently and within a team sharing workload;
- Hold a current C Class driver's license.
This is an excellent opportunity to work together as part of a high performing production team that is going from strength to strength. This role is being offered as either a 8:6 or 15:13 FIFO roster, and will provide the support you need to excel in your role.
A competitive industry-benchmarked salary will be agreed with the preferred applicant.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.