This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the start-up of a new underground Gold Mine, the Rothsay project. Recently acquired from Egan Street Resources, Rothsay is located in the Mid-West region of Western Australia, approximately 60km north-east of Perenjori and 85km south-east of Silver Lake’s Deflector Operations. Preparations are underway for the commencement of site works, including amending existing site licenses and permits and preparing to dewater the historical Rothsay underground workings.
We are looking for a driven and focused Mine Planning Engineer to play an integral part in the development of this exciting new asset. Working with a dedicated project team, your key responsibility will be to deliver detailed mine designs and schedules tailored to meet short, medium- and long-term targets as set out by the Underground Manager.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Complete detailed development designs, ensuring that plans are designed and issued in accordance to the mine schedule
- Assist with feasibility and due-diligence evaluations on prospective mining areas
- Compile the Weekly Production Plan and 3 month rolling schedules
- Continually review, challenge and update the long-term plan and schedule to ensure accuracy and optimise economic performance
- Prepare and document safe and economic stope designs for assessment in mine plans/schedules
- Monitor development and stoping excavations in comparison to planned, geology and ground control management.
- Work closely with Silver Lake technical team and the underground contractor to safely deliver the Mine plan
- Ensure any operational requirements or changes to production and ventilation which may affect other business has been effectively communicated
- Monitor mine services, including the planning of pumping stations, substations and related service infrastructure
- Ensure effective communication to the Production Engineers of safe and economic stope designs
- Assist with the production of Joint Ore Reserves Committee Ore Reserves Statement and mine Budget forecasts and reports
- Regularly report to UG Manager and internal stakeholders on project progress against targets, including data for EOM Reporting
- Liaise with all stakeholders to develop and deliver on the optimal mine plan
You are a talented, highly motivated individual with a hard-working attitude and a creative approach to problem solving. You have demonstrated experience in delivering safe and economic mine plans to deadlines and thrive on a challenge.
As a minimum you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Previous experience in narrow vein, underground gold mining
- Proficient use of MsOffice suite and relevant mining software, including Deswik Suite and VentSim
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Good understanding of mine ventilation systems and associated statutory requirements
- Understanding of geotechnical issues and operational infrastructure requirements in underground environments
- Current WA "C" Class Driver’s License
- Current ‘Apply First Aid’ Certificate
Initially Perth-based on a 5:2 roster with requirement for site travel to other Silver Lake operations, the role will ultimately be FIFO on an 8:6 back to back roster. It offers the opportunity to make your mark on a new operation, whilst having the stability of an established and financially secure company.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.