The Deflector Mine is an underground, shallow, narrow-vein, high grade Gold and Copper mine that commenced production in May 2016. The ore is contained in a series of structurally controlled, high-grade lodes and mined through sub-level open stoping methods. With record of ore tonnes, gold production and a second decline commencing development shortly to access the high-grade deflector South-West lodes, it is a busy and exciting time for the Deflector team.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Geologist with a strong background in an underground Gold mining environment to take a key role in the Deflector mine Geology team. Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, this role will primarily be responsible for the underground grade control function of the deposit, while also communicating effectively with the mining team and underground contractor to maximise recoveries.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Day to day grade control operations;
- Stope design analysis and reconciliation
- Design, monitoring and logging of grade control drilling programmes;
- Wireframe interpretation of the deposit utilising appropriate software;
- Assisting in the production of grade control block models;
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly grade control reports on mine geology, grade drivers and ore reconciliation;
- Working as part of the Geology and Mining team to communicate geological, geotechnical and grade data to mining, management and contractor personnel to achieve production targets; and
- Ensuring that planning maximises recovery and minimises ore loss and dilution.
You are an exceptional team player with an inquisitive mind and drive to continue to grow and develop professionally. You have excellent interpersonal skills, with a developed ability to negotiate successful outcomes with a range of stakeholders.
This will be supported by the following qualifications, experience and characteristics;
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology, with at least 2 years of experience as a geologist in an underground mining environment;
- A sound understanding of underground grade control processes, including diamond drilling;
- Proficiency using Surpac and Leapfrog;
- Experience with 3D modelling; preferably Surpac and Leapfrog;
- A methodical approach to data management and validation processes; and
- Gold experience highly regarded.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in narrow-vein Gold & Copper mining environment, as part of a fun, fast-paced and high performing team that is going from strength to strength. This role is being offered 8:6 roster, and will provide the support you need to excel.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a brief covering letter by following the Apply prompts before Friday 4th December.