Silver Lake Resources currently has a vacancy for an Open Pit Foreman to join our Open Pit team on an 8/6 roster at the Aldiss project, 120 kilometres east of Kalgoorlie.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Coordinating all aspects of mine development and production
- Managing shift supervisors and shot firers and fostering good inter-departmental relationships
- Managing utilisation and operation of equipment in accordance with the requirements of the equipment supply contract
- Ensuring consistent operating standards and compliance to plan between crews
- Liaising with Mine Engineers and Geologists to develop weekly and monthly plans
- Monitoring actual and planned production and ensuring activities are aligned to weekly and monthly plans
- Implementing actions to improve and optimise the mining process
- Coordinating ancillary activities required to support production
- Regular reporting and undertaking mining projects as directed
- Performing regular inspections of the operations to ensure compliance with the Mines Safety Inspection Act and Regulations, environmental commitments and with company requirements
A full description of the role will be discussed at interview. Ideally the successful applicant will be able to meet the following criteria:
- strong leadership skills
- Minimum 10 years’ hard rock industry experience with several years in a similar role
- Sound understanding of mine planning and design
- Holder of a WA Restricted Quarry Manager’s Certificate
- Valid Senior First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor subordinate personnel
Please address the above criteria in your cover letter as part of your application.
The role works an 8/6 roster with camp accommodation. If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Applications close at COB May 20 2020.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.