We are looking for a self-starter to join our Mount Monger Geology team 60 kilometres south of Kalgoorlie. The purpose of the role is to contribute to the operation of the ore control function to maximise the profitable extraction of resources for the company through effective mapping and sampling of ore headings and communication of observations.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Participating in coordination of UG diamond drilling programs
- Undertaking geological logging of UG diamond drill core
- Updating geological database for geological and assay information
- Undertaking geological data validation
- Ensuring effective communication though reporting on daily and monthly basis
- Participating in company OH&S initiatives
- Complying with company policies, standards, and procedures.
The successful candidate will need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
Hold an appropriate Geo-science qualification
- Exposure to underground mine production and environment preferred but not essential
- Must be willing to work in an underground environment
- Ability to self-manage workloads with excellent time management and coordination with others
- Mature outlook and work ethic
- Strong commitment to safety and company policies
- Familiarity / exposure to mining software products desirable
- Manual ‘C’ class driver’s license
The successful candidate will be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to promote a business outcome focused culture.
The role enjoys a 8/6 roster. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity with the potential for career progression.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please forward your application clearly addressing each of the selection criteria noted above. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies' applications will not be considered at this stage.