We currently have an excellent opportunity for a motivated geologist to lead our Mining Geology team at our Mount Monger Operations (MMO) in Kalgoorlie. This role is responsible for site leadership encompassing all aspects of underground and open pit mine geology including technical, statutory reporting, resource calculation, budgeting and personnel allocation together with input into site project evaluations.
This role has been operating as a Kalgoorlie residential position, and ideally this would continue to be the case. However it may be converted to an 8/6 fly in, fly out position for the right candidate.. It reports directly to the General Manager, Mount Monger Operations and will require significant interface with the Group Exploration & Geology Manager based in the Perth office.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems and procedures to ensure mine geological functions are carried out safely, productively, and complying with the provisions of the applicable Acts, Regulations and site requirements;
- Monitoring and reporting on the production performance of mining operations at MMO;
- Ensuring grade control practices are rigorously deployed to deliver optimal grade and tonnage;
- Directing the near mine Resource definition drilling programmes;
- Making recommendations in relation to Resource definition results and their impact on mine planning;
- Overview of the site Annual Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves Statement ensuring appropriate best practice estimation and reporting methods are used;
- Ensuring adequate geology team labour requirements are resourced that are appropriately skilled, knowledgeable and experienced to perform their duties;
- Monitoring the professional standards and performance of all direct report and their teams;
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and costs associated with the geology department; and
- Maintaining relationships between internal departments and with external
The successful candidate will be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- University degree in Geology,;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar Geology Manager role having recently worked in the gold mining industry;
- Extensive geology management experience in both Open Pits and Underground Mining operations’ environments;
- Experience with gold exploration and various exploration techniques;
- A track record of successful collaboration with corporate executives, senior management and operations management;
- Working knowledge of Datamine Software;
- Demonstrable geological, mining and metallurgical technical capacity; and
- Strong leadership, teambuilding, decision making skills in a dynamic and fast paced working environment; excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication of technical information; and highly developed interpersonal and negotiation/influence skills.
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter. The successful candidate will be drawing on their considerable experience and knowledge to achieve positive outcomes for the geology department and for the company. A relocation package to Kalgoorlie will be made available for the ideal candidate. If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.