Working as part of the site-based Deflector team, you will provide support to our talented Environmental professionals in ensuring day to day environmental monitoring, compliance and sustainability tasks are completed to a high standard. This diverse and busy role in an operational mining environment will provide the opportunity to understand the day to day Environmental responsibilities in a mining setting, and allow you to sound out where you would like to focus your career beyond graduation.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assisting with compliance sampling and monitoring;
- Assisting in conducting inspections of site facilities, systems and processes;
- Assist with preparation of statutory reports and approvals;
- Collecting, maintaining and collating environmental data for relevant databases;
- Supporting the Senior Environmental Advisor in investigating environmental incidents and hazards; and
- Provide support to other Environmental-related activities as required.
You are an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated individual with a passion for Environmental Science and high attention to detail. To be considered for these roles, you will;
- Have recently completed your 2nd or 3rd year of study towards a Bachelor of Science, majoring in an Environmental discipline;
- Have a current, manual "C" class Western Australian driver’s licence;
- Be able to obtain a National Police Clearance;
- Be physically able to undertake manual work, and meet the requirements of a pre-employment medical examination; and
- Return a clear drug and alcohol test, both at the pre-employment medical and at all times during your employment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a diverse, stimulating and challenging role on a FIFO from Perth basis. You will be part of a small, friendly team and make valuable industry contacts that will stay with you throughout your career.
- These roles will commence late November to early December 2019 until the end of February 2020;
- The roster cycle will vary to suit business needs but may be either 2:1 or 8:6. Please note that you may be expected to work over the Christmas or New Year period;
- Travel from Perth to site, accommodation, meals and uniform (including boots) will be provided;
- The vacation period of employment will be paid.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV, a brief covering letter and your most recent Academic transcript by following the APPLY NOW prompts by no later than Friday 25th September 2020.
Due to COVID travel restrictions, only applicants who currently reside in Western Australia will be considered for this role.